The Infinity Dream Tag

(Still trying to figure out why it's called that? Can anyone clue me in?)

  So I was tagged once more by the lovely Abigayle Ellison and I'm looking forward to going through this tag, it's another one about facts and looks fairly interesting. Let's get started!


Rules

1. Thank the blogger who tagged you.
2. Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Tag 11 bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.

Facts

1. My middle name, Diane, is after my late grandmother, who also happened to be as big of a horse-girl as I am. Sadly, I never met her, but I like to think we would have really got along if she was still around. 

2. I have only been to the ocean three times in my life - and I love it more every time.

3. I've never been able to read music. I've done piano and trumpet both but always had to write in the notes because I couldn't recognize them fast enough. However, I sing a lot, in choirs even, but I only look at the music to see where it's higher and lower and there are rests and how long to hold the notes. I can't look at a 'C' and know what to sing, but if I hear it I can repeat back most anything.

4. Once when I was in public school our art class was asked to make some posters for a MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) contest. So we did and all our entries were sent in, a few months later, when I returned to homeschooling, I was called back to the school to accept an award for winning third place in all of Canada for my age category. That's probably the biggest art award I'm ever like to get. xD

5. I've had the bad habit of biting my nails as long as I can remember. It's not a nervous habit or anything. It's like that compulsion to pick a scab or dead skin sort of thing...kind of gross, but oh well. I have been told I have exceptionally nice, clean nails for a nail-biter...

6. I am exactly three days younger than my boyfriend, Jonathan, and he doesn't let me forget it. :P He was born June 30th, '97 and I came along on July 3rd, '97. Going to a restaurant and asking for free dessert for our joint birthday date is high on our bucket list of things to do, just for the reaction. 

7. This will be my fifth summer working as a riding teacher (wrangler) and counselor at my local summer camp. I'm super proud and excited for that, I've enjoyed dedicating the past five summers of my life to winning kids for Christ and working alongside some fantastic people making beautiful memories.

8. I wrote my first "book" at the age of eight. It was a fictional story about me, my horse and my two best friends, Katelyn and Lisa. It was ten "chapters" and illustrated, bound and everything. Also, terrible.

9. I've had a crush on Elijah Wood as Frodo since I first watched Lord of the Rings. However, it's not a romantic crush so much as loving how much I relate to him as a character, and how perfectly Elijah encompasses him through expression and voice. It's hard to explain. :P

10. My favorite books and the ones that have had the biggest impact on me are; The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien, The Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, The Great Divorce by CS Lewis, Wild Geese by Martha Ostenso, and The Space Trilogy by CS Lewis.

11. One of the coolest things I've got to do is meet Sean Astin (Sam Gamgee) and Billy Boyd (Pippin Took) from LotR and get a picture with them. It was one of the most incredible and surreal moments of my life... 

Questions

1. What is your favorite month of the year?

  I think July, and not just because it's my birthday. Historically in my life it's been the month of most great, fun things. Our town's Canada Day celebration, swimming at the lake, my birthday, the Benalto Fair and Pro Rodeo, and of course, lots and lots of camp. It's the best time of year for me. 

2. When buying a book cheap, do you prefer e-book or used paperback?

  Definitely used paperback. In fact, I also prefer used books to new ones. Especially old used books. I have never owned an e-book and never read one. I'd much rather hold a real book in my hands and smell that book smell and have the satisfaction of turning pages and working my way through. 

3. If you could smell one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?

  That is a really hard question...I have three favorite smells; horses, rain and old books. I wouldn't want to give up the smell of any of those. 

4. Have you ever read a Shakespeare play (in Old English)? If so, which one(s)?

  I did read Hamlet for English-30, partly in Old English and mostly in normal English. I cheated. 

5. What are your birthday traditions?

Well, since my birthday is in July and that's Canada's warmest month I usually end up having a lake party at the lake that's about five minutes from us. It's pretty much been a permanent thing every year and I haven't gotten bored of it yet after 18 birthdays. Since I've been dating there's a new birthday tradition of having a joint birthday with Jonathan (see Random Fact #6 above). 

6. Do you prefer to write by hand or type things up?

Depends what I'm writing. If it's just lists or quick notes I much prefer to write by hand, however, I never write my actual story on paper. I can't work as well on paper because you can't write as fast as you can type, and you can't go back and fix things when writing as easily as when typing. 

7. What is your favorite style of house (cabin, modern, Victorian, beach, etc)?

Log cabins are pretty awesome, so are cool cottages like they have in England. I also like old seaside homes...everything can be pretty interesting.

8. Wide rule or college rule paper?

I don't know what this means. xD

9. What is your least favorite chore?

Feeding the cows. Chasing the cows. Tagging calves. Getting cows in. Doing basically anything with cows.

10. How long have you had your blog and what is one tip you would share?

I've had this blog up and running since 2014, but I haven't been keeping it up officially since this year. One tip I would share is to NOT EDIT WHILE YOU WRITE THE FIRST DRAFT. It's seriously screwed me over for so many years where I could have been progressing in stories. Don't do it!

11. If you could visit one fictional world, which would it be?

I would have to pick either Middle-Earth or Narnia. Maybe Narnia would be preferable, and more plausible, since human children make it there all the time. Although, they are always English human children...

Tagging

So I know we're supposed to tag 11 people but I can only come up with one because I'm absolutely lame like that. :P So Jonathan of Fishing For Ideas, consider thyself tagged. Along with anyone else who may be reading this and is interested in letting others get to know them. Here are my questions...

1. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
2. Who is the coolest person you know and why?
3. What is a weird ability you have that most people don't?
4. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
5. Top three favorite books?
6. If you were on death row and about to be executed but could choose your method of death, which would it be?
7. Favorite band/artist?
8. Where are three places you want to go in the world most?
9. A moment that changed your perspective on something big?
10. Favorite kind of chocolate?
11. What is your strongest-held belief, something you would die for?

  There you have it! Another tag completed. I will hopefully be posting something relating to writing topics really soon. 

  Thanks again to Abigayle for the tag! Happy Monday everybody!

(If you're out there and reading this now I invite you to answer the 11 questions I posed above, I'd love to get to know my readers better!)

Comments

Popular Posts