Indie Artists Week Kickoff Post

  Hey everybody! Today is the kickoff post for Independent Artists Week, a week I created to celebrate, talk about, and learn from indie artists of all different crafts and mediums. I got the idea for this week during summer camp this past year and was super excited to get it up and running for October. I've been talking to and interviewing some of my friends and acquaintances across all different mediums of art (from writing to music) and I'm really excited to share all of it with you!



What is an Independent Artists Week?


  Simply put, this is a week where I am featuring six different individuals who identify as independent artists (artists who are self-employed as of now). Each day I showcase a new person with examples of their work, an interview with tons of questions, a professional bio, and links to their social media.

Why are you doing this Indie Artists Week?


  Originally, cause I thought it would be a cool idea. But more than that, I am really passionate about art, and about creating it, and about independent creators. I wanted to give back to the artistic community and to my friends in this way by giving them the promotion that I believe they deserve as talented individuals.

Any particular reason for October/November dates?


  Nope! Just that it fit with my schedule somewhat.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this?


  I'm hoping for three things: one, that those I'm featuring will get the attention I believe they deserve. Two, that other young independent artists in these fields will feel inspired and glean answers and insights to questions they have. Three, that those completely outside the realm of indie artistic field will gain a new appreciation and understanding for the work we do and why we believe it's so important.

How many/what kind of artists will be featured?


  This week I will be talking to six different individuals about their artistic careers, ranging from writer, to artist, to photographer, to musician.

Will you do this again?


  Absolutely! I'd love to make this a regular yearly thing on my blog, maybe even have it take off as a whole blogging idea? That would be really cool to see happen. But yes, I'm definitely doing this again next October, next time with hopefully more artists to feature. If you would be interested in either joining me in hosting a week or participating as a feature, don't hesitate to let me know!


  Hopefully that answers some of your questions about the goings on here at the blog this week. I hope you're intrigued and itching to stick around for the next six days and learn more about some really cool people. Stay tuned for the first showcase tomorrow: Author, Abigayle Claire! :DD


  What do you think of this week's idea? Is there anyone you think would be a great future feature? Is this something you'd like to get in on? Let me know below!


Comments

  1. YOU GENIUS I LOVE YOUR IDEA TOO MUCH I CAN'T WAIT <333

    I thought of doing a series similar but instead ... featuring just super cool bloggers from our community and me writing about them (and they don't know it till I post hehehehe). xD

    THIS WEEK WILL BE SO AWESOME LOVE IT :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *flips hair* Thank you! XD

      That would be an awesome idea as well, I would totally read all of that, DO IT!

      I'm super excited to see how it all works out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts